Saturday, May 15, 2010

Are there any self defense laws in new jersey?

i was told by my law %26amp; public safety teacher that there are no self defense laws in new jersey. is that true?|||There are.|||True. I went to state prison with a 5 year sentence for defending myself from an attacker who had a baseball bat. He was hurt badly. Judge told me unfortunately NJ has no self defense laws and advised me to take the 5 yr plea. Convicted of 2nd degree agg. assault.|||Yeah, it%26#039;s basically %26quot;Sit down quietly and die.%26quot; After all, you don%26#039;t want to offend the criminal by being insensitive to his right to commit a crime against you.|||Every jurisdiction%26#039;s criminal law that I%26#039;m aware of recognizes SOME justification defenses. Defenses that exculpate a person under certain circumstances that would otherwise be considered a criminal offense.





http://www.njlaws.com/self-defense.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment